When your air conditioner doesn’t work correctly, it’s easy to think that something big has gone wrong. Sometimes, though, it can be something small, like your thermostat. Your thermostat is the instrument that tells your air conditioner when to cycle on and off, and if it malfunctions, it can cause a variety of problems. Thermostats can break and age just as any other piece of equipment, so if you are seeing a lot of issues with yours, it may be time to consider thermostat replacement in your New Albany home.
AccuTemp Heating and Air Conditioning has a lot of thermostat options, and our trained experts can help you install and maintain it – just call give us a call.
Types of Thermostats
There are three main types of thermostat from which to choose:
- Digital – digital models are very precise, which helps to improve efficiency when heating and cooling your home. Their faces are easy to read and their buttons are straightforward and intuitive to use.
- Programmable – programmable models can be programmed in loops of 7 days, allowing you to set cooling or heating as needed. With a programmable thermostat, you can plan for times of low-to-no occupancy in your home, weekends and even vacation time. There is no running back and forth with a programmable thermostat, allowing you to reduce energy consumption.
- Smart (wireless) – smart models have the benefit of being digital and programmable, but take things a step further by giving homeowners the ability to remotely access and manage their thermostat. By downloading a simple app to any smart device (phone, computer, tablet), you can program your thermostat and even track your energy usage.
How Does a Thermostat Replacement Save Money?
There are a couple of ways a new thermostat can save you money:
- Energy efficiency – as we mentioned above, a new thermostat offers precision, which helps save energy. If you upgrade to a programmable or smart thermostat, you can take your energy efficiency a step further with planning and management.
- Less wear and tear on your system – precision and programmability can reduce the amount of time your system operates, which can reduce the amount of wear and tear it suffers.
A new thermostat can help you improve your energy efficiency and comfort level without a huge effort. Call AccuTemp Heating and Air Conditioning today and schedule an appointment with one of our installation experts.