Just as you wouldn’t want your family to wear unwashed clothes, eat from dirty dishes, or sleep in unclean linens, you wouldn’t want them to breathe in polluted air either. But it surprises many homeowners to hear that the air inside of the home may actually be more polluted than the outside air. And regardless of whether your heating and air conditioning system has a quality filter installed along with it, there may still be any of these harmful contaminants positioned in the duct lining.
- Dust: For household members with allergies or asthma, dust can be particularly problematic. It can remain in the ducts for long periods of time, building up until it is forced into your home through the vents and repeatedly cycling through your HVAC system.
- Fiberglass: If your ducts have any holes or cracks, it’s possible that insulation material gets sucked into the ducts. This can cause serious lung irritation, and is especially dangerous with older building materials, in which asbestos may be present.
- Bacteria/Viruses: Some bacteria and viruses thrive in the conditions in the ducts, potentially leading to illness and causing trouble for those with immune disorders.
- Mold Spores: Mold develops in the damp, dark areas of the ducts, sending spores into the home as the blower fan forces air into the room.
Schedule Duct Cleaning with a Professional
It is difficult and potentially unsafe for amateurs to attempt to perform standard duct cleaning on their own. The following list contains some of the reasons to trust trained contractors with the job.
- Professionals provide a thorough inspection of your ductwork before and after duct cleaning to better target the specific contaminants that exist in your air ducts.
- Contractors are equipped with industrial vacuums which are strong enough to create negative pressure in the ducts.
- A professional may point out areas of the ducts that need sealing or replacement for better efficiency in the future.
- Your technician is trained to use the safest cleaning agents only and to clean gently enough that the ductwork remains intact and unscathed.
- Professional duct cleaning can improve the performance of your HVAC system, reducing friction and allowing air to flow into a room more efficiently.
Get peace of mind with your next Louisville duct cleaning service when you call the experts at AccuTemp Heating and Air Conditioning,