Have you noticed any of the following in your home:
- Moldy, dusty smells emanating from the vents?
- A drop in airflow from your air conditioner or heater?
- Rooms that feel uncommonly warm or cold?
- An unexplained rise on your utility bills due to your AC or heater?
If so, you may have leaks inside the ductwork connecting your HVAC system to the rooms. This ventilation system must maintain an airtight seal along its length to allow for the conditioned air sent along it to maintain air pressure. Even a small leak can cause a drop of 30% in air pressure. These breaks and leaks in ducts can lead to other problems if they do not receive proper repair work.
You can call for duct sealing in Crestwood, KY from AccuTemp Heating and Air Conditioning. Professionals need to handle the job of closing up the holes and gaps along leaky ducts—store-bought duct tape will not do the job—using a variety of sensors and sealing tools. Our experts will help restore your ducts and solve the following problems:
- Air pressure loss: This is the main issue that duct sealing addresses. When air pressure drops inside a ventilation system, it means a loss of airflow that will cause a room to receive uneven heating and cooling. You can’t expect your air conditioner or heater to perform its job adequately with leaky ductwork.
- Elevated utility bills: When air pressure in the ducts drops, it will force the air conditioner or heater to work harder to attempt to compensate for the loss. This will push the system to overwork and drain additional power, and you will see the effects through spikes in your energy bills.
- Increased repair issues for the heating/cooling system: This stress from overworking will also cause more breakdowns and malfunctions in the air conditioner/heater. Debris and dust will also infiltrate the system cabinets and cause damage that will lead to expensive repair needs.
- Drop in indoor air quality: The openings along leaky ducts will access closed-in, dusty spaces in your home, and will begin to draw in debris from them. This will cause contamination along the ventilation system that will then blow out into the air of your living spaces. Worst of all, the leaks can cause a rise in humidity that will encourage dangerous mold and mildew growth. Sealing the ducts will protect the health of your family.
If you suspect the integrity of your ductwork has been compromised, call us right away to schedule repairs and sealing work.
Our indoor air quality team and specialists in duct cleaning and duct sealing in Crestwood, KY are ready to help you deal with any troubles you have with your home’s ventilation.